Thursday, 29th March 2001
- Added GameSpy 2.52, which adds support for Serious Sam (the retail version) and compatibility with Lan Master is back. It's available for both registered and shareware users.
- Added IPEUp1172 virus update for InoculateIT 5.2.
Sunday, 25th March 2001
- Added an XMaps - Technical Data page to G-Web. So far, the page describes all of the sections and keys in all five of XMaps' INI files.
Saturday, 24th March 2001
- Added GameSpy 2.51, which includes a significant performance improvement in sorting and switching server sources.
- Added IPEUp1167 virus update for InoculateIT 5.2.
- Added the new Ad-aware reference list (203-2303), which adds detection and removal of Gratisware, Gator 1.9 and Web3000 2.0.
- Updated the XMaps News with details of the latest enhancement. I think you're going to like it...
- Added Sandra 2001se, which includes full support for Windows 200x.
- By the way, has anyone managed to download wCPUID 3.0? I get "Your access point was prohibited because other member did the dishonest operation." every time I try...
Sunday, 18th March 2001
- Added the Half-Life 1106 patch, available as a full client patch or 1104-to-1106 update. Also added the corresponding Opposing Force patch.
- Added wCPUID 3.0, the first non-beta release of version 3.
Thursday, 15th March 2001
- Wow ... XMaps, the first mutator to ever get a 10/10 at ModSquad, gets another! Check out the review...
- Added a few explanation notes on the XMaps page for those users who are running network UT games and coming unstuck trying to change maps or game types on the fly. Basically, you need to be an Admin user to use the features in a network game - the notes explain how to give yourself Admin user priveleges.
Sunday, 11th March 2001
- Finally ... XMaps 205 is released. This version introduces key bindings to skip and replay maps, and switch game types immediately. There are also a few bug fixes and minor improvements, especially in XMaps' handling of Assault games - see the XMaps page for more info.
Saturday, 10th March 2001
- Hmmm ... better late than never ...
- Added ABit BF6 XU BIOS (which adds support for the 800MHz Celeron and FlashMenu) and it's matching AWDFlash program (v7.72). The only thing I've been able to find out about FlashMenu is that it's 'deeply beta'. If anyone finds anything out about it, could they drop me a line ... cheers.
- Replaced the now defunct OptOut with Lavasoft's Ad-aware. Keep an eye out for Steve Gibson's upcoming NetFilter utility.
- Added IPEUp1155 virus update for InoculateIT 5.2, and changed all the links since Computer Associates dropped the 'i' from '.cai.com' (threw me for a while, that one ;-).
- Added the Matrox 6.50 drivers for the G400 and G450 cards. Note that the Which Driver? table on the Matrox page is now targetted at Windows 98 instead of Windows 95.
- Added GetRight 4.5 Beta 2, available as a full download or a patch from 4.5 Beta 1.
- Added Motherboard Monitor version 5.05.
- Archived January News.