Saturday, 20th February 1999
- Added the new Diamond MX300 drivers (1.02). These include Aureal drivers that are later than the current reference drivers, but don't support the front-rear fader that the reference drivers do.
- Updated the McAfee VirusScan DAT files to the February '99 release.
- Updated the GameSpy 2.08 link now that it supports registered and shareware users.
- Updated mIRC to version 5.51.
Sunday, 14th February 1999
- Added the new ABit BX6 BIOS (JL) - adds support for the Socket 370 Celeron 433 MHz CPU and correct naming of the Pentium III CPU.
- Added the updated Aureal A3D interactive drivers
Tuesday, 9th February 1999
- Added the new ABit BH6 BIOS (JJ) - adds support for the Socket 370 Celeron 433 MHz CPU and correct naming of the Pentium III CPU.
- Added GameSpy 2.08, which is available to registered users only. Adds support for Starsiege: Tribes and Redline. This time there really should be a shareware version
Saturday, 6th February 1999
- Added DirectX 6.1. Be warned, however - there have been reports on various sites on the Web that 6.1 has some compatibility problems with a few games (Blue's News mentioned "Heretic II, Rogue Squadron, and on some machines, Quake II"). Personally I'm sticking with 6.0 until these issues are resolved.
- Updated GetRight to version 3.3.3 (3.3.2 was previewed and got posted on a few servers, so this release is 3.3.3 to avoid confusion with the preview versions).
- Updated the m3D vs. G200 benchmarks in Unreal now that my PC's had it's annual overhaul. The m3D still wins !
- Archived December's news.