Saturday, 26th September 1998
- Updated the Apocalypse 3Dx drivers to version 4.1.2. There aren't any generic drivers yet (for us m3D owners), but hopefully we'll see them soon. Watch this space... Nice to see that Videologic are still supporting the PCX2 chipset.
- You may have noticed that there's a (very) beta Direct3D driver for Unreal available for the Matrox G200. I won't post this until the driver's been improved - which, according to Matrox, should be quite soon - general reports are of pretty poor performance.
Thursday, 24th September 1998
- Updated the list of modems for which V.90 upgrades are available on the USRobotics page (thanks for that one, Jeremy).
Monday, 21st September 1998
- Added SoundBlaster Live! and PCI64 drivers to the Creative hardware page (there you go, Andrew).
Saturday, 19th September 1998
- Added GameSpy 2.03, for registered users only. This version adds Shogo, improved Unreal and true SiN support. Shareware users can grab the 'GameSpy for SiN demo' patch to add on to 2.02 from the same page.
- Updated the AWDFlash.exe program offered by ABit. This version "supports 2M EEPROM, adds 'F1 Reset' & 'F10 Exit' functions".
Thursday, 17th September 1998
- Added the new Matrox G200 drivers (4.24). This version adds DirectX 6.0 support and some Socket 7 motherboard-related fixes.
Sunday, 13th September 1998
- Changed the Winsock page so that MS-DUN 1.3 can be downloaded locally (too many people were getting Microsoft's Support Login pages before they could get to the file).
Saturday, 12th September 1998