Saturday, 30th October 1999
- Added IPEUp186, the latest InoculateIT PE Virus Definition Update.
- Updated GetRight to 4.1.1, available as a 4.x patch and a full download.
- Rewrote the ABit BE6 part of the ABit hardware page to support all variations of known BE6 BIOS and HPT366 BIOS versions.
Sunday, 24th October 1999
- Added Jumbot 0.91 for Half-Life. This version fixes a few bugs in 0.90.
- Improved the IntelliPoint section of the Microsoft hardware page (I really wasn't feeling too well when I wrote it...).
Saturday, 23rd October 1999
- Added IPEUp185, the latest InoculateIT PE Virus Definition Update.
- Updated the Creative Labs page with the release of Live!Ware 3.0. Drivers for the Live! range of cards are included in Live!Ware.
- Added a Microsoft page to the Hardware section, covering the IntelliMouse and SideWinder game controllers.
- Removed the local copy of DirectX 6.1; 7.0 appears to be stable enough to abandon re-installing 6.1.
Sunday, 17th October 1999
- Updated the HighPoint HPT366 device driver 1.20 description, now that it's no longer a beta release.
Saturday, 16th October 1999
- Matrox have obviously been checking out G-Web recently ... they've updated their website's Drivers pages to include tables for selecting the right driver for each graphics adapter according to the operating system you use. Maybe I should have patented that Which Windows 95 Driver ? table after all...
- Updated the Matrox Which Windows 95 Driver ? table now that the Matrox FTP site has been re-organised.
- Added GetRight 4.1.0, available as a 4.0.0 to 4.1.0 patch and a full download.
- Updated the Half-Life page to include Jumbot 0.9.
Thursday, 14th October 1999
- Added IPEUp184, the latest InoculateIT PE Virus Definition Update.
- The BH6 BIOS MV has now been posted by ABit - it adds support for the Celeron 533(66) and PIII-600.
Sunday, 10th October 1999
- Updated the InoculateIT page to include instructions for suppressing the "out-of-date" warning that the scanner may generate.
- Added the HighPoint HPT366 device driver 1.20 beta, and posted a version of the BE6 MU BIOS which has the HPT366 1.20 beta BIOS embedded.
- Added ABit BH6 BIOS MV. This version isn't posted on ABit's web pages yet, and there are a few posts in the newsgroup (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit) which suggest it may be a bit rough...
- Move the old Half-Life patches to a seperate page, and added some Half-Life bots to the page.
Saturday, 9th October 1999
- Updated the Which Windows 95 Driver ? table on the Matrox page, to include the 5.30 PowerDesk drivers for G200 and G400s. This PowerDesk includes the new TurboGL mini-client, but currently it only supports Intel PIII and AMD K7 processors, under Windows 98.
- Added IPEUp183, the latest InoculateIT PE Virus Definition Update.
- Added a new System Tools entry for HDTach, an excellent physical hard drive performance benchmarking utility.
Sunday, 3rd October 1999
- Added GameSpy 2.16, which now supports shareware and registered users.
Saturday, 2nd October 1999
- Added the HighPoint HPT366 BIOS 1.11 for the ABit BE6 UDMA/66 controller.
- Added IPEUp180, the latest InoculateIT PE Virus Definition Update.
- Found a link to the 3Com/USRobotics Modem INF Files for Windows 9x (and NT 4.0)...
- Re-organised and updated the Half-Life page, to include the Half-Life 220.127.116.11 patches.
- Checked out the rest of the Games pages - they're all up to date.
- Created a 'Legacy Pages' section in the main index. Old G-Web pages like Orchid, which covered the original Righteous 3D, can now be found in this section. I wouldn't expect any of these pages to change ... having said that, I've modified the PowerVR page to update the links, and uploaded a G-Web local copy of the generic drivers.
- Removed the ICQ indicator and ID from the main index ... I haven't even bothered installing it on the new hard drive.