Sunday, 29th November 1998
- Added the Matrox Marvel G200 to the Which Windows 95 Driver ? table.
- Added a Half-Life page to G-Web's Games, initially posting the patch to update the game to 184.108.40.206.
Saturday, 28th November 1998
- Added the new Matrox Unified BIOS, version 3.45.003. The cards with new BIOS from 3.44 to 3.45 are: G100s (AGP), G200s (PCI and AGP), G200 FP PCI and the G100 and G200s with TV Out.
- Added the new GameSpy 2.06, for registered users only. This version adds support for Half-Life.
Friday, 27th November 1998
- Replaced the beta drivers for the Matrox G200 with the Beta 2 version. These supercede the previous 4.50 drivers, and have been released to address problems with Half-Life. Matrox recommend against using these drivers on socket 7-based systems, although posts on the newsgroups suggest otherwise. As always with beta software, use at your own risk and be sure you can go back to the previous release.
- Updated the Creative Labs page to include the Sound Blaster Live! Driver Update Revision 3.
- Added the MotorHead 2.1 patch. This adds SGL support to the game, so you can get all the effects running on a PowerVR-based graphics adapter.
Tuesday, 24th November 1998
- Added the new beta drivers for the Matrox G200 - version 4.50.006. These should only be used on G200-series cards, at your own risk.
Friday, 20th November 1998
Thursday, 19th November 1998
- Updated the McAfee VirusScan DAT files to the November '98 release. Bit late this month, but there you go.
- Updated the DirectX page - nothing exciting, just removed the (outdatded) links to DirectX 5 and updated the Info links now that Microsoft have rearranged their site structure.
- Dropped Forsaken from the Games section.
- Archived October's News.
Sunday, 15th November 1998
- Updated XGEdit95 to 2.62. This version adds a 'stay on top' feature and AD mutes over 2.61.
Saturday, 14th November 1998
- Updated the Sound Blaster 16/32/AWE32/AWE64 driver updates to Revision 16. The only word from Creative on this release is that the demand mode feature has been removed for all chips (?).
Friday, 13th November 1998
- Updated the Unreal benchmarks for the G200 and the m3D to show the effect of adding VertexLighting True on the m3D - many thanks to John Snider for that one. Kicks the average frame rate on the PowerVR up by about 35% in 800x600 ! I've also updated the Unreal Setup page to show the new settings.
- Updated the AWDFlash utility for the Abit LX6 to 6.6.
Wednesday, 11th November 1998
- Updated GameSpy to 2.05. This version is suitable for shareware and registered users alike.
Saturday, 7th November 1998
- Added a GetRight page to the Applications section of G-Web. This is an excellent utility for powering up your downloads - definitely worth trying out.
- Updated SiSoft Sandra to 220.127.116.11. This version has an overhauled AGP display, and adds support for DirectX 6, Glide 3 and Winbond chipsets, among other things.
Wednesday, 4th November 1998
- Added the Unreal 2.19 beta patch. This version is compatible with servers running 2.18, and includes a few tweaks over 2.18.