Saturday 30th November 2002
Saturday 9th November 2002
Friday 8th November 2002
Saturday 2nd November 2002
- Added nVidia 40.72 Detonators for Win9x. These are beta drivers; I'm running 40.72 on Windows 98SE, and haven't noticed any real differences over the 40.71 release. The GeForce FAQ link has also been updated now that it's being hosted by The Technology Vault.
- Added aTuner 18.104.22.168 for nVidia cards. 22.214.171.124 adds full support for Detonator 40.41.
- Added ABit BW7 BP BIOS, which fixes a few issues and updates the HPT 37x BIOS to version 2.0.1024.
- Added GameSpy 3D 2.62-007, for registered and shareware users. 2.62-007 includes support for Unreal Tournament 2003 (retail).
- Added Intel INF Update v4.04.1007 for those of you with Intel chipset motherboards.
- Added Intel Application Accelerator 2.2.2. The main changes in this version appear to be for Windows XP.
- Added WCPUID 3.1, which is an official release with plugins.
- Added Motherboard Monitor 126.96.36.199, which includes quite a few enhancements.
- Added ZoneAlarm 3.1.395, which includes improved interoperability with proxy server applications and an improved user interface.
- Added a Gigabyte page to the Hardware section, now that I've switched allegiance from ABit for my motherboard.
- Speaking of switching allegiance, I've also moved away from IBM for my hard drives; Western Digital are now getting my hard-earned cash. The 80Gb WD Caviar Special Edition (WD800JB) is now sitting snugly in my case. If you're looking for a new hard drive, I can strongly recommend this range. Check out this page for details of the WD800JB.
- Archived August News.