Saturday, 26th May 2001
- Added a Black & White page to G-Web. Until the patch is ready, the page has the four bonus Creatures available for download.
- Added GameSpy 2.53, which is now available for shareware users.
- Added IPEUp1223 virus update for InoculateIT 5.2.
- Added Motherboard Monitor 5.07, which has a reworked OSD.
Saturday, 19th May 2001
- Added GetRight 4.5 Beta 6, available as a full download or a patch from any earlier 4.5 Beta. This version of GetRight introduces FileMirror.com searching.
- Added IPEUp1217 virus update for InoculateIT 5.2.
- Added Motherboard Monitor 5.06, which includes a new on-screen display (OSD) feature.
Saturday, 5th May 2001
- Added GameSpy 2.53, which adds support for Tribes 2. Currently, 2.53 is only available for registered users.
- Added mIRC 5.9, which has 'new features and better code'.
- Added the Matrox 6.22.010 WHQL-Certified drivers for the G450, G400 and Millenium G200 (but none of the other G200s ... weird).
- Updated G-Web's style sheets so that you can change the text size using your browser. To see it as it was before the change, you'll probably want to set text size to 'Smallest'.
- Added IPEUp1200 virus update for InoculateIT 5.2.
- Added ZoneAlarm 2.6. This version includes a new tutorial, better alerts, enhanced online help and (most importantly!) even better security.
- Added Ad-aware signature file 255-2104, which adds SaveNow and HotBar detection and removal.
- Added WCPUID 3.0a, but I'm getting that "You can not download it from your access point" message from the link, so I've left 3.0 on the page.
- Archived March News.
Friday, 4th May 2001
- Well ... excellent news. It's taken a lot of hard redesigning, but the network-capable XMaps HUD menu is done. I've only been able to test it with a local dedicated server and client, but everything is working just fine. I'll probably post a beta release for this - I need to find out the best way to set XMaps up on installation for server use, and update all the documentation so people find it easy to use. If you're running a server and wouldn't mind helping me out with a beta, please drop me a line.
- Look for some good old G-Web updates tomorrow morning ;-)
Wednesday, 2nd May 2001
- I've finally moved the XMaps pages over to PlanetUnreal ... I hadn't planned to do it just yet, but since ModSquad posted the URL in the review of XMaps 208, I've been plagued with emails regarding the state of the site. So, since I can only maintain one set of news in the time I have available, XMaps at PlanetUnreal is now the main site for XMaps news. I'll still post major items regarding XMaps here, but the new site is where you'll find the details and downloads.