Sunday, 28th March 1999
- Updated the Ultim@te Race - 3 Track section of the PowerVR page now that Jack's Patches is now offline.
- Added the MotorHead v3.0 patch. This adds two new cars, MPlayer multiplayer support 'and more'.
Wednesday, 24th March 1999
- Added AWDFlash 7.05 for ABit motherboard users. Apparently this 'supports more BIOS chips'.
Sunday, 21st March 1999
- Added an X-Wing Alliance page to the Games section. At the moment this just has a link to the demo that LucasArts have released. If you've got the time for a 28Mb download, go for it - this is one good looking game.
Saturday, 20th March 1999
- Nothing new ... just a quick word to say that I've tested the G200 OpenGL ICD Beta 2 with Quake II on my system, and the Direct3D wrapper is still quicker ... 30.9 fps compared to 26.7 fps with the ICD. Perhaps we'll just have to wait another three months for Beta 3 ...
Wednesday, 17th March 1999
- Added the Matrox OpenGL ICD Beta 2 for G200s. This supports Quake II, Quake, Half-Life, Sin, Heretic II and Hexen II, and apparently has some performance improvement over Beta 1, most notably under Quake II.
- Added the new Matrox 4.28 and 4.33 drivers, which are Certified and Unified respectively. Unless you've got a Marvel G200, Millennium I, Mystique or Mystique 220, there's a new driver for your card. If you're running a G200, though, you'll probably want to keep running the 4.51 'latest' drivers...
Saturday, 13th March 1999
- Added the new Matrox Unified BIOS version 3.49, which includes new BIOS files for G200-based cards. Matrox have also replaced the old UPDBIOS.BAT with an executable which will create a bootable backup of your BIOS before it's upgraded, and added MakeDisk.exe, which will create a bootable backup of your BIOS whenever you run it ... nice !
- Those Matrox certified 4.30 drivers have been pulled from the Matrox website, no explanation as yet. Word is that we may be getting a new release of the OpenGL ICD soon, though, so it's not all bad !
- Network Associates get keen ! This month's VirusScan 3.x DAT files update is three days early ...
- Updated SiSoft SANDRA to version 18.104.22.168. A couple of new benchmarks have been added, as well as support for DirectX 6.1 and a quite few improvements.
Wednesday, 10th March 1999
- News from the excellent Matrox Users Resource Centre is that there's a new suite of WHQL-certified drivers from Matrox, version 4.30. As soon as they're up on the Matrox FTP site, I'll update the Matrox page, although I expect most of you will stick with the latest drivers anyway. MURC suggests a new unified BIOS is on it's way, too.
- Updated the Aureal A3D drivers to 2.05. No news on the changes, but they're probably the 'full' release of the interim version (2.04b) we've had for the last month.
Saturday, 6th March 1999
- Now don't go into shock - but something's happened ! OK, it's not much, but there's a new minor release of XGEdit95, which adds an element usage indicator to voice lists, and numeric values to Analogue mixer sliders.
- Archived January's news.