Saturday, 28th March 1998
- Updated the links to QuakeOn - it's still at v1.10 (QTray v1.11) but the installation has been revamped.
- Added the new SciTech Display Doctor 6.5. This looks like a big release - lots of new features.
Friday, 27th March 1998
- Added the updated Omicron Bot (v1.02) for Quake.
- Added the new GLQuake and Quake II mini-drivers from 3Dfx.
Thursday, 26th March 1998
- Added the Direct3D patches for Dungeon Keeper. I haven't seen this running yet, but it should be cool - Dungeon Keeper's not exactly an ugly game as it is !
- Added the Tomb Raider Gold add-on levels for the original retail version of Tomb Raider. There are currently two versions, one for 3Dfx cards and one for everybody else. A patch for PowerVR users is on it's way - VideoLogic tell me the bug in the initial patch has been fixed, and will be released soon.
Friday, 20th March 1998
- Added McAfee virus data definition files for March 1998.
Monday, 16th March 1998
- Modified the Contents Menu to display my ICQ ID and on-line status. The 'Page G-Web' option is still available - click the link beneath the online indicator.
Sunday, 15th March 1998
- Added the latest Matrox drivers for the Mystique 220 and Millenium II boards. I heard that the last optimised version was only optimised for the PCI versions of these cards, so it looks like Matrox have sorted that out in this release. They were actually released about ten days ago, but I didn't realise Matrox had separated these drivers from the Unified version until I browsed through their FTP site ... doh !
- Basically, a damn good tidy-up today. I've gone through and checked the links, Info etc. - to summarise the changes that aren't just updated links...
- 3Dfx - added Support Note for the 3DCC problem
- Matrox - added the Mystique 220 and Millenium II drivers
- PowerVR - added Support Note for the 3DCC problem
- USRobotics - added info about the V.90 (56K standard) upgrades
- XGEdit - added news about the forthcoming v2.5 release
- McAfee - added the new Evaluation Download page link
- Added the Page G-Web option to the main index. Using ICQ's WWPager technology, you can send me an immediate message if I'm online.
Saturday, 14th March 1998
- Added the m3D-patched Generic PowerVR Drivers (v4.1.1C2), thanks to Rik at good old Liquid Rooms. I'd strongly advise using these drivers for your m3D.
- Updated the Winsock page. Microsoft have updated the Dial-Up Networking Upgrade to v1.2b, and I've linked the installation file through to their download page instead of my own web space. There's also a very useful FAQ on the subject...
Friday, 13th March 1998
- NEC have released a generic version of the 4.1.1 PowerVR (PCX1 and PCX2) drivers, v4.1.1C2. I'll be testing them out over the next day or so.
Sunday, 8th March 1998
- Added a new page covering the ABit LX6 Pentium II mainboard. If you're thinking of building a P-II system, or you've already got an LX6, check out the new ABit page.
- Updated the X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter page, since LucasArts have withdrawn all patches prior to 1.1.4.
Friday, 6th March 1998
- Added the new version of QuakeOn's QTray (v1.11) to the Quake page. Includes better support for multiple INI files.
- New VideoLogic 3Dx drivers posted. Rik (Liquid Rooms) is in the process of determining whether they're OK for the m3D. Until that's complete - or VideoLogic release a Generic version - I'd recommend you stay with your existing m3D setup.
- Archived February's news.
Tuesday, 3rd March 1998
- Guess what ! Another Quake II patch (v3.14) has been added ! The old v3.12 point release and v3.12 to v3.13 patch have been replaced on the Quake II page by the v3.13 point release. You should now find everything you need to go from the retail CD to the current version.