Wednesday, 22nd July 1998
- Added the new ABit LX6 BIOS, version 'DY'. Allows two VGA cards to be installed in one system.
- Updated GameSpy to 2.02 (adds better Unreal support and shared server lists). There's also a patch for users of 2.0 or 2.01 to upgrade to 2.02.
- Updated Matrox BIOS to 3.42. This version adds new BIOS' for the Millenium II cards, the Productiva G100 and Rainbow Runners (for Millenium IIs and the Mystique).
- Added the Matrox Windows 95/98 Unified Drivers (4.11, full release). These drivers support all Matrox-chipset cards (i.e. everything but the m3D).
- Archived June's news.
Sunday, 19th July 1998
- Updated the USRobotics page to include the V.90 upgrades that are currently available (Sportster Message and Flash models, the 56K Global PC card and the Professional Message Modem). I've run the upgrade on my Sportster Flash, and it works fine - since my ISP doesn't support V.90 yet, the modem's connecting using x2 just as it was before. Nice work, 3Com ...
- Updated the Unreal Setup page with a couple of bits of info regarding cache sizes (Windows and Unreal).
Saturday, 18th July 1998
- Added the McAfee virus definition files for July '98.
- Added an Unreal Setup page, to help you get the best performance out of the game. I've included recommendations for PowerVR users - hope this helps !
Sunday, 12th July 1998
Saturday, 4th July 1998
- Added the Quake 2 v3.17 files, and an updated version of idGamma to go with it (v1.2d). Feedback on the newsgroups indicates that 3.17 is solid. Note that you won't be able to use saved games from earlier versions, and for multiplayer, you'll need a server running 3.17 to connect. Something tells me that won't be too much of a problem...
Thursday, 2nd July 1998
- I've had a few emails today asking about the state of the betas I posted yesterday - especially the Matrox v4 drivers. Well, with one singular exception (the 3Dfx page), I only post stuff I've used myself ... so, if you have problems getting something I've posted to work, drop me a line, and we'll see what we can do.
Wednesday, 1st July 1998
- A couple of betas for you this evening (read: make sure you can go back to your previous version in case the beta proves to be flaky...).
- Added the first public version of the Matrox v4.x drivers, v4.11 (beta). These are for all Matrox-chipset cards (i.e. everything but the m3D), running under Windows 95 or 98.
- Added the Unreal patch 209 (beta). This addresses the multiplayer lag, and a range of 3Dfx problems. There will be a non-beta version once the patch is fully tested.
- Updated the Creative Labs drivers for the SoundBlaster 16/32/AWE32/AWE64 cards to Revision 14 (supports Windows 95 and 98).
- Archived May's news.