Sunday, 31st January 1999
- Restructured the Intel Chipsets pages, to include more information on problems like the AGP memory conflict.
- Added the Half-Life multiplayer addon pack.
- Updated the DirectX page with the DirectX Media 6.0
Saturday, 30th January 1999
- Rewrote the ABit page to cover the BH6, BX6 and LX6 motherboards. Links to Anandtech's motherboard reviews, which include optimal BIOS settings, are also included.
- Added an Intel Chipsets page to the Hardware section of G-Web, to answer questions about chipset support under different versions of Windows, and the eternal bus master IDE drivers quandary.
- Added a Diamond page to the Hardware section of
G-Web, to cover the available drivers for the Diamond Monster Sound MX300
PCI sound card.
Saturday, 16th January 1999
- Added the patches for Half-Life to get it up to version 220.127.116.11. This version significantly improves on-line multi-player games for us modem users.
- Added GameSpy 2.07, which is available for registered users only. This adds support for five new games (Turok 2, Descent 3, Baldur's Gate, Dark Vengeance and South Park). Expect a shareware version within a week or two..
- Updated the McAfee VirusScan DAT files to the January '99 release.
- Updated XGEdit to version 2.63. This version fixes a
couple of minor bugs.
Sunday, 10th January 1999
- Updated mIRC to version 5.5. There's also a new version of the servers.ini file - check the mIRC Home Page for the link.
Friday, 1st January 1999
- A Happy New Year to y'all !
- Updated GetRight to version 3.3.1. This version
includes a couple of minor bug fixes over 3.3.