Wednesday, 24th January 2001
Take a deep breath ... G-Web finally gets updated ;-)
- Added Gamespy 2.24 for shareware users.
- Added IPEUp1124 and IPEUp532 for InoculateIT 5.2 and 5.1 respectively.
- Added Matrox 6.23 drivers for the G200 and G400 cards.
- Added WinZipSE 2.2, the latest version of the evaluation version of WinZip's Self-Extractor.
- Added a link to DirectX 8.0a. Note, however, that this only fixes a couple of problems in Windows 2000, so don't bother with it unless that's what you're using.
- Added the UnrealTournament beta D3D and OpenGL renderers. These take advantage of DirectX 8 and support the DXT1 compressed textures available on the second UT CD. They are beta, though; trying them out on my Matrox G400, I couldn't get UT to run in full-screen mode.
- Added Motherboard Monitor version 5.04.
- XMaps 201 gets the ModSquad Pick 'award' again, and a 9.8 in the review!
- Updated WCPUID to version 3.0 beta1-003.
- Archived November News.
Monday, 22nd January 2001
- At last - XMaps 201 is released! 201 is virtually a re-launch of XMaps - it supports any game type or mod, Mutator lists, map previews, and much, much more. Check out the XMaps page for more info.
Sunday, 14th January 2001
- Just in case you were wondering where the hell I am, check out the News and History section of the XMaps page 8-))
Sunday, 7th January 2001
- Gamespy dropped registered users a line to let us know that there was a bug in the Quake2 handling with the earliest release of 2.24 - if you've already downloaded it, check the version string in Help|About. If it's not 188.8.131.52, you'll need to download the file again to get the bug fix.
- Added IPEUp1107 and IPEUp525 for InoculateIT 5.2 and 5.1 respectively.
- XMaps 109 gets the ModSquad Pick 'award' again, and a 9.6 in the review! A couple more releases and we should hit 9.9 :-)
- For those of you keeping an eye on XMaps, I'm hard at work designing and developing XMaps 200. This is a major improvement, as it will support any game type, including mods. Yep, any game type at all - install a new mod, and XMaps will support it. So far the Extended Map Lists are working fine - I've increased the number of custom lists from 48 to 64 to cope with the extra demand.