Thursday, 26th February 1998
- Added the new Quake II Point Release (v3.13), and the v3.12 to v3.13 'patch'.
Tuesday, 24th February 1998
- Adjusted the Orchid page links to point to the (slightly) reorganised Micronics site.
Saturday, 21st February 1998
Friday, 20th February 1998
Thursday, 19th February 1998
- New Matrox m3D drivers available. Rik (Liquid Rooms) has tested their peformance, and there's not much an improvement over the VideoLogic 4.1.0 drivers. You won't get the Advanced Properties either (without frigging the Registry), so it's up to you...
Wednesday, 18th February 1998
- More information on those Matrox drivers - Rik has found (on the Matrox Users Centre) that the final version (v126.96.36.199.002 - phew) is ready. Keep an eye on G-Web, I'll post the link as soon as they're out.
- A word of warning - on a few sites (eXtreme 3D News, PsychoGamer News) you'll find references to 'new' m3D drivers. Rik (over at Liquid Rooms) has tested them, and they're seriously beta. Best hang on for the full release, peeps.
Sunday, 15th February 1998
- Well ... quiet month or what. When I first started G-Web, I promised myself I'd only update the site when there was something worth updating, but this month is boring ! The Quake II point release should be out soon, and there are rumours of new m3D drivers on their way from Matrox ... but for now, I though I'd do a page on Winsock and Winsock 2 for those of you having problems with 'Net connections, or just interested in getting your Dialup Networking up to date. Check it out !
Sunday, 1st February 1998
- Added QuakeWorld to the Quake page. Now that I've got a kick-ass modem, it's time to explore Quake on the 'Net...
- Added GameSpy to the Applications list. Fantastic for finding the best-connection Quake and Quake II games on the 'Net.
- Updated the info on PowerVR Quake/Quake II OpenGL drivers. The "new" release from Matrox is just a re-post of the Videologic drivers from the beginning of January. Don't bother, folks.
- Updated the link to the Ultim@te Race Pro demo. It's not a different version, they just changed the filename...
- Archived January's news.