Saturday, 17th February 2001
- Added Quake III 1.27h Beta patch (from January ... whoops) and Quake III: Team Arena Map Pack 1.
- Added IPEUp1141 virus update for InoculateIT 5.2.
- Added GetRight 4.5 Beta 1 for those of you who like the idea of checking out the new features before the full release.
- Thanks to one of the many great tweaking articles on Tweak3D, I noticed that my version of the indispensible TweakUI was well out of date. (Find tweakui.cpl and check out the Properties to get the version.) TweakUI 1.25 can be downloaded from here (101Kb).
- Added the HPBBot for Half-Life - thanks to Brad Ricketts for the heads-up on that one.
- Added a couple of new features to the development version of XMaps; the main addition is in-game commands to Skip or Replay the current level, or Switch game types immediately. Thanks to Alex and Doug Gibson for this idea...
Sunday, 11th February 2001
- XMaps 204 released at the request of a number of users. This is funcionally identical to 203, but stores game info for up to 256 game types (203 only stored 64). Upgrade to 204 and hit the Refresh button in the Game Options window to get to the larger list.
- I am gobsmacked. XMaps 203 gets ModSquad's first ever 10/10 in the review...
Saturday, 10th February 2001
- XMaps 203 is out! 203 dramatically reduces load times, and has a great new feature - Game Switching. XMaps can now switch between game types at the end of a level! Check out the XMaps page for more info.
- Added IPEUp1132 virus update for InoculateIT 5.2.
- Well, what a laugh. Although Microsoft announced that DirectX 8.0a only addressed issue in Windows 2000, it's now the recommended version for all Windows versions. So, I've updated the links on the DirectX page. Oh well, at least it's only 11Mb instead of 26Mb.
Wednesday, 7th February 2001
- Well, some top news to report for XMaps ... I've been invited to join the Gamespy network, specifically PlanetUnreal ... so, keep an eye out for XMaps being hosted from a brand new location! Of course, I'll still be maintaining G-Web, but the XMaps links will send you to PlanetUnreal. Once the new site is up and running, I'll let you all know ... but never fear, XMaps 203 with the all-new Game Switching features will be released very soon now...
Sunday, 4th February 2001
- A bit of important news on the XMaps front - the game switching routines and setup windows are now complete. XMaps can now switch between all game and mod types as well as maps ... :-))
Saturday, 3rd February 2001
- Added IPEUp1125 virus update for InoculateIT 5.2. Updates for InoculateIT 5.1 have now been discontinued...
- Added the Millennium G450 to the Matrox Windows 95 drivers table.
- Added Gamespy 2.50, for registered users only. This version includes a "massive performance improvement in sorting and switching server sources".
- Archived December News.