Wednesday, 30th December 1998
- Hope you all had a great Christmas ... and back to the updates.
- Updated the information on the Matrox G200 4.51 drivers. Matrox's description has been rewritten - these drivers are for AGP and PCI G200s.
- Updated GetRight to version 3.30.
- Added ABit LX6 BIOS version HG. Adds support for the Celeron 300A, among other things. Check the ABit page for info.
Thursday, 24th December 1998
- Added the Matrox G200 4.51 drivers. There's a strong indication that, once again, these are for the AGP G200 cards only, I'll update the pages when I get some definitive information.
- G-Web will be off the air until next week now, as I'm off to the family for Christmas. Season's Greetings to all G-Web readers !
Saturday, 19th December 1998
- Added the Matrox G200 4.50 final drivers. There's a strong indication that these are for the AGP G200 cards only, I'll update the pages when I get some definitive information.
- Archived November's News.
Friday, 18th December 1998
- Wow, has this one knocked me for six or what ... haven't been this low for a long, long time. Anyway, I'm now so bored with daytime TV that I just had to go for some on-line relief ...
- Updated the Matrox page ... there's a new Unified BIOS (3.47, the only updates are: G100 PCI, G200 PCI and G200 FP, PCI and AGP), a third beta-release of the G200 4.50 drivers, and the first (very) beta release of the OpenGL ICD for the G200s.
- Added the Unreal 220 beta patch. This adds a lot of changes to the game, mainly improving on-line performance. Note that you won't be able to use previously saved games after loading this patch - I've quoted a workaround for this problem from Don Ramirez.
- Added the Half-Life PowerVR patch to run Half-Life on PCX2-based cards (m3D or Apocalypse 3Dx).
- Updated GameSpy to version 2.06, which is now available as shareware as well as for registered users.
- Added the MotorHead 2.2 patch, which supercedes patch 2.1.
- Updated the McAfee VirusScan DAT files to the December '98 release.
- There's also a new test release of QuakeWorld (version 2.33-0001), but I'll leave you do decide whether to try it out or not - you can grab it from QuakeWorld.net if you're feeling adventurous.
Thursday, 10th December 1998
- Just a quick note for those of you wondering where G-Web's gone ... I'm down with the dreaded gastroenteritis bug, but hopefully I'll be up to scouring the net for updates in a day or two. Thanks for your patience...
Saturday, 5th December 1998
Thursday, 3rd December 1998
- Happy Birthday to us !! G-Web is 1 today ... and just a day after the PowerVR 250 finally gets announced.