Saturday, 30th December 2000
- XMaps 109 released. 109 has greatly improved player matching routines, better map randomising capabilities (XMaps now remembers the map chosen by the player in the Start Game window) and doesn't prevent the final frag animation from being shown at the end of a frag-limit game (rare, but it could happen). Finally, the number of random maps that can be read during the game has been increased from 512 to 1,024.
Thursday, 28th December 2000
- Added GameSpy 2.24, for registered users only. This version adds support for eight full games (including Deus Ex and Counter Strike), and two multiplayer demos (including the Quake 3: Team Arena Demo).
- Added IPEUp1102 and IPEUp521 for InoculateIT 5.2 and 5.1 respectively.
- Fixed the bug with XMaps' Match Players feature in team games where uneven teams could be created. This is out in beta-test at the moment; there should be a release in the next few days.
Saturday, 23rd December 2000
- Just in time for Christmas, XMaps 106 is here! XMaps can now set the number of players in each level to the number that the level designer recommended. This should help make the game a bit more balanced when you don't know which maps are going to be selected ... a big 'thanks' to Myrmecophagavir for this great idea.
- Added IPEUp1101 and IPEUp520 for InoculateIT 5.2 and 5.1 respectively.
- Added Matrox 6.21 drivers for the G4xx and G2xx cards.
- Added Motherboard Monitor 5.03.
Wednesday, 20th December 2000
- XMaps 103 gets the ModSquad Pick and a 9.3 rating in the review!
- XMaps 103 enters at number 4 in the mod charts over at ]V[ATTerminator's...
- Added a 'Match Players' option to XMaps. When this is on, XMaps will reset the level's minimum number of players (when running on a network server) or the number of bots (when running stand-alone) to the number of players for which the map was designed. If the map designer didn't add that information to the map, then XMaps uses the normal game settings. This is out in beta-test at the moment; there should be a release by the weekend. Yet another great idea from an XMaps user ... keep 'em coming!
Sunday, 17th December 2000
- Released XMaps 103, which improves support for Strike Force maps and fixes the bug where Favourites lists would be ignored for non-standard game types.
Saturday, 16th December 2000
Tuesday, 12th December 2000
- Still no time to update the News ... sorry ... but XMaps seems to be doing pretty well! Thanks for all the interest - almost a 1000 hits on the Xmaps page already! Just to keep you up to date, I'm already working on the next version, which adds support for non-standard game types like MultiCTF, CTF+ and CTF4. Keep the feedback coming!!
Sunday, 10th December 2000
Chiz chiz ... back from my holidays ... I'll update the News over the next day or three; but for now ...
- XMaps is here! I've finally gotten this Unreal Tournament mutator released; it's a major, major improvement over the Map Randomizer. Check it out!