Sunday, 30th August 1998
- Updated the Winsock page to cover Microsoft's Dialup Networking 1.3. I've installed the update and everything seems OK - I now connect to my provider 3 seconds quicker than before !
- Updated the Eraser bot to v1.01, the final release.
Saturday, 29th August 1998
- Added the Quake II 3.18 beta - check the Info link on the Quake II page to see if you want to try this beta release.
- Updated idGamma to 1.3b (adds support for the 3.18 beta of Quake II).
- Updated the QuakeWorld files to 2.30.
- Added the new MotorHead Direct3D demo.
Friday, 21st August 1998
- Updated the McAfee VirusScan DAT files to August '98.
- Added a link to the Microsoft DirectX Diagnostic Tool on the DirectX page, many thanks to Blue's News for that one.
- There's also news over on Stroud's - What's New about a new Dial-Up Networking from Microsoft (version 1.3). Once I've checked it out, I'll post the results.
Sunday, 16th August 1998
- Updated idGamma to 1.3a (1.3 had problems reading old batch files).
- Added idGamma95, a Windows95 front-end to idGamma.
- Archived July's news.
Saturday, 15th August 1998
- Another note for Outlook Express users - Microsoft have released another security patch (superceding the one from 1st August) dealing with the very long filenames attachments. Check out the Internet Explorer Security Page to find out whether you need the update.
- Updated the beta release of WinZip 7.0 to Beta 3.
- Updated idGamma to 1.3.
Sunday, 9th August 1998
- Updated XGEdit95 to v2.60, and added the XGEdit manual in PDF format. Features of v2.60 include improved voice selection, refresh function and file saves.
- Finally got around to updating the Winsock page now that Microsoft have published Winsock 2 as a non-beta update.
Saturday, 8th August 1998
- Posted my results from installing DirectX 6.0. At last we have a diagnostic tool for the DirectX components !
Wednesday, 5th August 1998
- Added the core and end user versions of DirectX 6.0. Have they got it right this time ...?
Sunday, 2nd August 1998
- Due to popular request, I've added a DirectX page to G-Web. Expect this one to heat up when DirectX 6 is released, but for now the latest files for version 5 (up to 5.2b) are available.
- Slightly behind the times, for those of you who fancy grabbing the SiN demo (33Mb), here's the fastest download I've found in the UK (good old Sunsite FTP), and the new PowerVR mini-driver (31.07.98).
Saturday, 1st August 1998
- Updated mIRC to 5.41. This basically fixes a few bugs in 5.4.
- Updated WinZip 7.0 Beta to Beta 2.
- Added the new Forsaken demo. If you're interested, check out the Demo download link on the Forsaken page - there are a lot of improvements in this version (for example, PowerVR support has been added).
- A brief note for Outlook Express users - Microsoft have released a security patch which deals with file attachments with very long filenames. Check out the Outlook Express Home Page to find out whether you need the update.