Sunday, 25th April 1999
- Added the full version of GetRight 3.3.4. This includes a few bug fixes from 3.3.3.
Saturday, 24th April 1999
- Added the SoundBlaster PCI128 driver update, revision 2. This revision adds a few game fixes and other improvements.
Saturday, 17th April 1999
- Added the GetRight patch to upgrade from 3.3.3 to 3.3.4. This is a 'preview' patch with a few bug fixes, but I'm running it OK.
- Archived March's News.
Sunday, 11th April 1999
- Added this month's VirusScan 3.x DAT files update ... this time, the file is date-stamped four days in the future. Don't ask me, I just work here.
Saturday, 10th April 1999
- Back on my feet again; here are a few bits and pieces for y'all...
- Added the Half-Life TFC update. This adds support for Team Fortress Classic (a multiplayer gaming 'style'), and a few bug fixes. Takes the game up to version 188.8.131.52.
- Updated the Matrox Unified BIOS to version 3.51. The progbios utility has been updated, and there are new BIOS versions for the AGP G100, and PCI and AGP G200s (but not the 'TV-out' G200s).
- Added the new Matrox Marvel G200 Unified Driver, version 4.33m, which adds support for Video Tools 1.21. This finally brings Marvel G200 drivers up to a par with the rest of the G200 series.
- A quick word on the Fonts issue, if you've installed Internet Explorer 5 - the sizes option is under the View menu, and is now called Text Size. The setting you select is also stored as your default, so there's no need to open up the Internet Options window.
Saturday, 3rd April 1999
- Added ABit BH6 BIOS version KG. This adds support for the Pentium III serial number function (presumably the ability to turn it off), and manual PCI IRQ assignment.
- Now that I've picked up an Intellimouse (love that nifty zoom), I've realised I've been forcing my font sizes down your throats for the last year or so. Consequently I've re-done G-Web so it'll resize according to the relative font size you select in your browser. For those of you running Internet Explorer 4, select Fonts from the View menu and experiment with the relative sizes ... personally I go with 'Smallest'. To set your default in IE4, select Internet Options from the View menu, select the Fonts button in the General tab and select your chosen Font size.
- Archived February's news.